Founded by Giorgio Ambrosini in Turin in 1926, SIATA has dedicated itself from the very beginning to the production of parts to process cars, in particular Fiat: the elaborations on Fiat 522, 524, 514 and 508 Balilla mechanics are noteworthy.
During the Second World War SIATA, demonstrating remarkable prediction, decided to start the design of a small auxiliary motor for bicycles. The consultancy was sought from Giuseppe Remondini, who had already designed such an engine for the French Jonghi, which proved to be among the best. From that project, albeit with very different technical solutions, the Cucciolo was born which was put on sale on July 26, 1945. The success of this small engine was so great that it forced SIATA to turn to a Bolognese factory to increase production. active in the electromechanical sector which, precisely with the “Cucciolo”, began its successful motorcycle business: Ducati.
After the war, SIATA (whose official name had become Società Italiana Auto Trasformazioni Accessori) also dedicated itself to the construction of cars, always with Fiat mechanics: the first, in 1949, is the Amica, a small two-seater convertible on Fiat 500 mechanics. “Baby mouse”. From the following year is the Daina, also convertible, but derived from the Fiat 1400.
The 208 Sport was built in 1952, derived from the Fiat 8V (the car SIATA had collaborated on in its development), with a body designed by Giovanni Michelotti for Bertone and built in 56 units. On request it could be had with a Chrysler V8 instead of the Turin eight-cylinder. In the same year, the 300 BC was also presented, the sports evolution of the Amica, also exported to the United States (where it will make a name for itself many times in local competitions, after having already made itself known at the Mille Miglia) and available with Fiat engines or, for the America, Crosley.
A Fiat 850 SIATA Spring.
In 1954 the Mitzi was presented, a small car with a rear twin-cylinder engine with side valves of 434 cm³ which remained at the prototype stage. In the second half of the 1950s, SIATA concentrated on models derived from the Fiat 600 and 1100. In 1959, with the renewed company name SIATA Auto, 49% of the company’s capital was acquired by Abarth: the company in Corso Marche SIATA plans to build high-performance road cars and racing cars with Fiat mechanics. The first result of the SIATA-Abarth agreement is the 750 (available in the coupé and spyder versions) presented at the ’59 Turin Motor Show; on the same occasion, an elongated Fiat 600 Multipla and a 600 sedan with two-tone bodywork are also presented. The agreement between the two Turin companies did not last long, dissolving in 1960 
In the sixties SIATA stands out with the TS, coupé designed by Michelotti and derived from the Fiat 1300-1500, but also made with an 1800 engine. In 1967 it was the turn of the Spring, spider with retro lines (as was fashionable at the time : think of the Alfa Romeo Gran Sport Quattroruote or Vignale Gamine) with Fiat 850 mechanics. The Spring will also be the last SIATA: the Turin-based company will close its doors in 1970, while the Spring will continue its career until 1975 built by ORSA – Sarde Automobili workshop of the Focanti brothers (which the Iso-Rivolta will then take over for a short period), and marketed as ORSA 850 Spring Special.